Question:
how t treat a small wound on a dog?
claucespedes
2005-12-12 06:30:46 UTC
I have a dog and he has a wound under his eye. I initially clean it with peroxide. Then I did use alcohol, but nothing, it doesn't seem to heal.
Two answers:
Snowgirl
2005-12-12 08:26:41 UTC
I would not use any medication for any area near the eye unless suggested by the vet.

You never know what kind of reaction it might have.

If you know what caused the wound and if it is just a scrape/bruise, it will heal by iteslf..if you do not know what caused the wound, you should see the vet.
jazzwilson2000
2005-12-12 06:53:39 UTC
What type of wound is it? I would be very careful using anything that close to the eye. You may just want to soak a clean rag in warm water and hold it on for a few minutes.