Question:
What's a good dog for a family with two small kids?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
What's a good dog for a family with two small kids?
Two answers:
Kathryn k
2005-11-17 19:46:38 UTC
Beagles! Beagles are the most loving dogs, you can pull their tails and they won't bite! They love kids, but need lots of attention. You can't leave them sitting in a yard all day or they will bark out of boredom
GRR
2005-11-17 17:46:39 UTC
Beagles are cute and sweet, but they're none too bright, can be very stubborn, and like to howl. Ours also liked to dig and chase cars, but most dogs dig, and cars shouldn't be a problem in your case.

I would stop by your local animal shelter and see what's available. There are many animals that are smallish and completely suitable for children; often older dogs are ideal, since they're more forgiving and far less rambunctious/destructive. We've had a pair of dogs in the 60-105 pound range for our kids' entire lives, with nothing more serious than a couple of tail-in-eye incidents. The main thing is to realize that *both* dogs and kids need training, reinforcement, and supervision about what's acceptable behavior.