Question:
is it okay for dogs to have milk? I want to feed my dog oatmeal everyday, but I don't know if milk would be ba
pmp1869
2005-12-11 08:28:18 UTC
is it okay for dogs to have milk? I want to feed my dog oatmeal everyday, but I don't know if milk would be ba
Three answers:
sunnyfreakingday
2005-12-11 09:08:32 UTC
Dogs aren't made to eat large amounts of milk, because their digestive systems aren't built to consume it after they start eating solid foods.

It's usually best to avoid feeding your dog dairy, because it could cause serious stomach upset - but if you feel like you need to, please limit it as much as you can. You don't want to make him miserable.
Gandalf776
2005-12-11 08:59:27 UTC
yess it is ok to feed your dog dariy products like milk and chesse. in small doses. in some dogs large ammounts can cause constipation. the real question is why do you want to feed your dog oatmeal? that i am not sure is such a good idea. might want to check with your vet. oatmeal may not be very digestable for a dog.
theent1
2005-12-11 08:29:36 UTC
Yes, its ok to feed your dog milk, but my vet always recommends using skim, or only 2% milk, since you don't want to feed your dog too much fat.