Question:
Does anyone know of a remedy to help a dog not shed so much?
kimmyz
2005-12-10 10:32:38 UTC
I have a black lab. He sheds sooo much. More than normal I would say. Any suggestions to help it slow down. A special food, vitamin, anything?
Three answers:
2005-12-10 14:52:45 UTC
Try using Shed Solution or Vitacoat. They are both products that you add to their food that can help reduce shedding, but you should not use them if you have a fat lab. I also suggest taking him to the groomer once a month for bathing and a good brushout since shedding is inconventient but necessary to your doggie's health.
Marion
2005-12-10 20:20:05 UTC
I don't think there are any remedies for that. Labs just shed a lot. Try bathing him about every 6 weeks (with a baby shampoo to not irritate his skin) which will help his hair come off in the bathtub instead of around your house. Other than that, just cope. :-)
aeibrean23
2005-12-11 22:34:25 UTC
the only sure fire way is to brush him and shed him daily. that will cut down on it.