Question:
How long does it take a 20-25 lb. dog to fully recover from a sedative?
freakofnature
2005-12-08 12:29:23 UTC
My dog, who hates grooming, was given a sedative by a vet at the groomer yesterday. I don't know exactly the type of sedative.

It took about 4 hours for him to get out of his drowsiness. Is he fully recovered now (24 hours after the shot)? He looks it, but I want to know if he still might experiencing things I can't notice.

I'm asking this mainly to figure out if it would be safe to go on one of our 1-2 mile daily walks today.
One answer:
drama6queen
2005-12-08 13:34:09 UTC
He should be recovered. Is he eating and drinking okay without vomiting? Is he reacting normally to commands and calls? Take him on the walk. If he isn't walking normally, or if he seems overly lethargic or tired, take him home. Or better yet, call your groomer or the vet and ask them.